There are several things around us which we use in our day to life. Many of us know how to say their names in our first language but not in English. It becomes important to add these words to your vocabulary to improve your English.
Before writing further, I would like to add an important post here who want to learn to speak in English. Just click here to know the valuable tips.
In this post I’ll tell you names of utensils from Hindi to English. These words will help you improve your vocabulary related to kitchen.
1. Karchul (करछली/ कलछल) – Slotted Spoon
2. Chamcha (चमचा) – Ladle
3. Chalni (छलनी /चलनी) – Sieve / Strainer
4. Okhli (ओखली/ मूसल) – Mortar
5. Lota (लोटा) – Small rounded metal pot
6. Tawa (तवा) – Griddle
7. Chimta (चिमटा/ पकड़ /सड़सी) – Tongs
8. Kaddukas (कद्दूकस) – Grater
9. Chakla (चकला) -Rolling Board
10. Belan (बेलन) – Rolling Pin
11. Parat( परात) – High hipped platter
12. Kadai ( कढ़ाई) – Wok
13. बड़ी चम्मच- Table spoon
14. छोटी चम्मच- Tea spoon
15. Fentani (फेंटनी) – Whisk
Click below to check out other posts too.
- House vs Home
- Mistakes versus Errors
- 8 ways to pronounce the letter A
- Syllabification and rules with examples
- Mispronounced words in English for business
- Various Ways of Speaking- Hindi to English
- Learn English & Maths- An Activity Book for Special Children
- Body Sounds in Hindi to English
- 3 Ways and Rules to pronounce ‘The’
- 101 Important Abbreviations